Thursday 29 September 2011

Weight Loss and Fitness - My Personal Routine

One of the most rewarding things that I do each day is to get up a little earlier to get for a early morning walk/run. It is a great way to start the day. I find that it is most effective first thing in the morning. It starts your metabolism and sets it up for the rest of the day. Another reason that early morning is best is because if I don't get it in then, I'm usually too busy and the day is gone. This a great time to clear my head, set my focus, look on my life and be thankful for what I have. Many times we get caught up in all that we don't have and fail to realize all that we do have. It's a great time to re-establish focus. Health fitness and weight loss starts at the top and rolls down hill. For me, it's Spiritual alignment, which puts my mental focus is in order and everything else follows. The morning air smells so great. The birds are singing, the sun is starting to come up and it's a clean slate, a new start to try to improve on the things that may need work.

I usually spend about a half hour or more. I try to keep it easy to maintain and attain every day. For me it's about being consistent, not pushing myself to the limit for one day and getting hurt and not being able to work out for the rest of the month. After I get back I will sit and read something Spiritual, inspirational and enter into prayer and adoration. This is the highlight of my day. I cannot live life at the same level without this. It is my anchor and my rock. From this comes my energy, strength and focus. My diet radically changed years back as I turned 30. As I learn over the years, I refine what I eat to fit into what I'm looking to accomplish. Food is not my master.

Here's my recommendation for breakfast, lunch and dinner:

Breakfast - cooked oatmeal or something like it, fresh fruit, water, juice and almond milk. You can eat a big breakfast.

Snack - nuts, fruit, vegetables

Lunch - chicken or fish, salad, vegetables and fruit

Snack - fruit and vegetables

Dinner - some type of chicken, fish, red meat (on occasions), mixed with vegetables and fruit platter for dessert.

You should try not to eat after 6pm. Try to drink as much water and fresh juice as possible. If you can have water with you so you can drink it all day.

Usually at night I'm trying to get a workout in using weights. I'll usually try to get one - two body parts in a day, working out about four times a week.

This is a lifestyle that I fit into my busy day. I find that if I make it a routine, I'm much more likely to consistently do it every day. I find that I'm most successful when I wake up and as soon as I open my eyes, my feet hit the floor. This way there's no time to think and talk myself out of it. You know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment