Thursday 29 September 2011

Joy's Life Diet - Four Steps To Thin Forever By Joy Bauer And Carol Svec - My Review

Banking on "Joy's Fit Club" on the TODAY show, I am trying this book as the last diet I try (except for all the ones that came before that I said that about but hope that this is THE ONE to make it happen as it has the potential!). JOY'S LIFE DIET has 4 steps which are supposed to be secrets but for anyone the least bit familiar with any of all the diets there are to choose from, these are common sense and found so many times elsewhere. The difference from what I see starting out is in the presentation that is common sense. The "LIFE" stands for Look Incredible Feel Extraordinary. The steps are the 4 R's (and reading, writing and 'rithmetic are not 3 of them...although you do have to READ the book), which stand for Release, Relearn, Reshape, and Reveal....fairly common, no faddish ideas: Release for a week pretty strictly to get rid of negative habits when eating; Relearn takes two weeks where you adjust your appetite to a new life style; Reshape is the core of the program where one's plan for eating comes into full swing until you attain that illusive goal f your best weight; and Reveal is like a maintenance program.

I am giving this a shot and so far so good as the four steps are common sense, for a normal life style, healthy, and probably why the diet works for so many (and we hope that includes me). The first week really gets you going and while you are normally enthused for that first week, isn't that hard to get through. The recipes do not require a gourmet chef, which is good for the queen of the microwave and fast food fixings! They are also fairly economical which is important to all of us these days.

We all know there is no magic pill for real and healthy weight loss but this practical, easy to follow guide just might be the one that works for you---and for me---if you are ready to do it! Appropriate portion sizes, good food filled with the right foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean meats, not only help you lose weight but are great for your health over all. Joy Bauer seems to have a way, after reading the book, of taking the simple, medical facts and presenting them sincerely, easily, and practically so that everyone who WANTS to, can follow it. Perhaps I will be able to update my progress after a while and THAT, my friends, will be the real review of this diet----and of my attitude and dedication to making it work! Give it a try! If I can, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment